This is the so named “secret project” I have been working on for past two months.
The plan started when our team mate guorbatschow asked me to make an interface for iPhone/cellphones for 4chan, while he’d do the engine.
This is how “java4chan” was born, almost identical for interface to “ajax4chan” but completely rewritten to the core, that now gets downloaded to your browser, instead of staying on foolrulez.org. Took another month to build it, as it has to emulate a browser connecting to 4chan to be able to post. In the end, against all chances, I got it to work.
So I named it FoOlChan TestUnit01.00.
- Never change page. It doesn’t ever need reloading.
- Save threads you’re interested in, and you will get noticed when there are new posts in them. Once a thread goes 404, you won’t lose the already saved posts.
- Images open in the same panel, after being cached. You can browse 4chan while you wait for images to be loaded. They’ll show up once they’re ready.
- Image basket in which you can save images to view later. Meanwhile, they will get loaded.
- Save images directly on Hard Disk in one click after selecting the folder
- New posts in a thread are highlighted in green.
- Twitter system to upload images and post them into your twitter account.
- Complete reply/new thread system, without reloading the page.
- Open quotes by clicking on the red links, instead of scrolling to the post like on imageboards.
- Retrieves quotes from remote threads.
And a lot more that would make this list too long.
It won’t work on Internet Explorer, and Opera will take around 30 seconds to load the JavaVirtualMachine.
For the iPhone/cellphones version, can get there by writing the short url http://foolz.us/m on your cellphone. If your cellphone is good enough, it will work. As for now, it doesn’t work on some S60 like the N95, but I’ll try finding the reason.