Remember this morning when I reported about widescreen on youtube?
Well I said that after I deleted my cookies, it went all back to normal 4:3…
Good thing I use a Macbook though… thanks to time machine, I got those cookies back, and after while of trial and error and woxxy as tester, I found out the secret to widescreen YouTube…!
- Menu > Tools > Advanced > Cookies…
- Use the search field to find youtube cookies.
- Select VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, and replace the code (value field) with “O0pMCBlwgBI” (without the quotes).
Now load a YouTube page and… voila! If all worked out, you should have gotten widescreen video :P, test with this video
- Go to youtube.com
- Paste the following code into the address bar and hit enter
- Load a youtube video, such as this nice HD video.