Dropping most of our series

Dropping most of our series

FoolRulez had its first release exactly five years ago. We were working on a single manga, and things were sweet and relaxed. Now, we’ve released about 600 chapters ever since then, and it’s not such an experience anymore, so we’ve decided to resize our efforts.

Due to various factors, we will be dropping all our scanlation projects except the following:

• Tonnura-san
  • Seitokai Yakuindomo
  • Kannagi

It really pains me to make such decision, but as you may have noticed, the lifespan of a scanlator is much shorter than the lifespan of most popular series. If we tried to continue on other series, we will eventually not be able to make it anyway. Therefore, we will focus on the projects we can probably complete, and that have enough popularity to get us members to work on them.

If you’re a scanlator willing to pick up any of the series we’re not going to work on anymore, you should contact us for working materials and possibly stalled chapters we won’t be using.

I thank every current and past member of FoolRulez for having worked with us on the projects we are going to put to a halt.

scizzer’s edit: I would like to seriously reinforce the getting in contact us if you’re picking up a series we worked on, especially ZnT or TG as the editor would love to still work on them and has a lot of pre-cleaned chapters etc. Also joints or additions to the team would probably be welcome. We’re on a deficit of manpower and translator power.

This blogpost is part of FoOls/Randomness.. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

34 Responses to “Dropping most of our series”

1. Geese1 says:

Sorry to hear this. :(

At least I’ll still have Kannagi to look forward to from you, and I hope some decent groups pick up your other projects that were languishing.

2. B1 says:

Oh damn. I’m not surprised though – you’ve given us one hell of a lot of manga in high quality over the years and outlasted many other groups.

Thanks for all the wonderful SnO chapters especially, and I hope your downsized group can keep going for a while yet.

3. Ikaros CORE says:

Would Nymph ever give up on you, Woxxy? :D

Thanks for the SnO chapters anyway, they were the reason I joined the Foolz Community in the first place.

4. ZeroZx says:

Sad to see you guys won’t be continuing SnO (as well as ZnT) anymore as a loyal reader but if this is to help the group keep going then it must be done =/. Thanks for all of the top quality chapters over the years on those series.

5. Xts says:

i started following this group because of SnO. Despite the long waits for them, i didn’t mind because i saw the amount of of care and effort that was poured into them (the quality was top notch). Thank you for the all the hard work.

6. yamer0 says:

Thanks for all of the incredible work over the course of the years. I first came to FoOlRulez for SnO. You guys are still, by far, the highest quality production when it comes to SnO, I could see how much you cared for Nymph, lol. I discovered Kannagi because of you and I’m happy to see you continuing it. Thanks for your hard work.

7. Tim F. says:

I really appreciate all of the Sora no Otoshimono chapters that you guys released. It is a real shame that you guys can’t continue, but I understand completely. Thanks again. I’ll probably start reading Kannagi because I watched the Anime for it.

8. Koiy says:

At least, you’re still translate Seitokai Yakuindomo, i’m happy about that, but sadly about the rest.

9. Rooftop Jazz says:

Speaking about Kannagi, we’ve almost caught up with the magazine (at least in the translation part, *cough cough*), I might switch to something else after that

10. Bandages says:

Had a feeling that this was coming. HnG brought me here, and introduced me to a bunch of other series.

11. Takei_Hisa says:

While this may be sad news, I’m very glad you decided to keep Kannagi. I would’ve been heart broken if Kannagi would be dropped again ;(

12. Freak says:

Is a sad day in my mind when woxxy gives up on his waifu D= but if you don’t enjoy doing SnO anymore, I understand why you would drop it. Many thanks for the chapters put out with the quality they were, though!

13. Michael Nahrilas says:

I have been keeping up with you guys ever since I discovered Tona-Gura! and Heaven’s Lost Property. It really hurts to see two of my favorite manga dropped, but I do understand and appreciate all of the work FoOlRulez has done for these two.

If anybody does pick these up again, though, would you please share in your next post? I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to see these two series completely translated….

• Darais says:

Sora no Otoshimono was taken forcibly by a faster and less-proofreading-focused group. Go throw rice upon their heads, preferably without opening the bag (or crate, if you so desire).

14. victor rama says:

This is….sad….
    But I feel relieved that SYD will still be translated…
    You guys ( and girls(?)) are one of the few great group that survived for years…
    And thanks for giving us all until now….

15. Reki says:

Keep going strong….sad to see SnO leave, as others, but the quality is appreciated, and your FoOlslide has been amazing :P

(Hopefully you don’t use more pictures of Nymph to remind us ;_;)