EDIT: This is/was an April Fools’ joke. The releases, however, are real, except for the Spice and Wolf chapter.
As the title says, we at FoOlRulez have been bought out. Our old “competitors” at Yen Press finally realized how much quality we offered our readers and offered us money to do their work for them.
What does that mean for releases?
- We will now require a subscription to access our FoOlSlide. We’re currently working on the access system, so the Slide will remain free until development is complete.
- We can now pick up any Yen Press-licensed series we like. Yes, this means we’re doing Spice and Wolf again.
- Releases will be delayed even further. There is a good reason why Yen Press requires six months to release a new volume, but I’m not allowed to tell you why. Just trust me on this one, okay?
- Our releases can no longer be hosted by aggregators. At all. Period. No questions. We’re official, you’re not. Deal with it, MangaFox and such ilk. (We are currently negotiating with Batoto about a “special exemption,” but no promises.)
- All releases done after the Yen Press buyout will be watermarked. We will not be retroactively watermarking our old releases. We and Yen Press are all lazy. (If this bothers you, I recommend using FoOlUnwatermark)
Finally, all of our backlogged releases will be dumped over the course of the next 24 hours. This includes things we started but never released for REASONS. Since they were produced before this buyout, the watermarking will not apply to these releases, either. I will list them below as they are made available.